ACTIVITIES OF PLANNING SECTION
GM (Plg.) - (1)
Existing – 1
PS - (2)
DM (O) - (1)
Manager (Fin.) - (1)
AGM (Plg.) - (1)
Executive - (2)
Mgr. (Plg.) – (1)
Jr. Executive - (2)
Executive (Typing) - (1)
OA / SFA (2)
A. ACTIVITIES OF PLANNING SECTION:-
I. PLANNING ACTIVITIES:-
- Allotment of SMP, Butter and Ghee to District Milk Unions and Federation for reconstitution purpose.
- Preparation of Milk Movement Plan for Unions, Metro Dairies and Feeder Balancing Dairies every month.
- Coordination in sale of surplus milk in bulk to Other Federations / Unions during flush seasons, if necessary.
- Coordination in fixation of overhead and conversion charges.
- Coordinating with DCMPUs to solve Inter union disputes
II. SCHEME ACTIVITIES:-
- Preparation of Five Year Plan
- Coordination with DCMPUs for the preparation of project proposal, Economic Appraisal under various Government Schemes.
- Coordination with National Dairy Development Board, Government of India, Govt. of Tamil Nadu to get financial assistance for schemes sanctioned under Central Sector / State Plan Schemes.
- Monitoring of the schemes under NADP /RKVY,NABARD and NPDD etc.
III. CO-ORDINATION WITH GOVERNMENT:-
- Assisting Dairy Development Department in preparation of Policy Notes, Budget Speech, Governor’s Address.
- Assisting Dairy Development Department in the matter relating to the Assembly Questions and Cut Motions on the activities of Federation and Unions.
- Correspondences relating to Public undertaking Committee / Estimate Committee / Assurance Committee and submission of reports through CMPDD Office.
- Submission of report to Statistical Department
- Coordination for Public undertaking Committee / Estimate Committee / Assurance Committee visit to District Cooperative Milk Producers’ Unions (DCMPU)
IV. MEETING ACTIVITIES:-
- Conducting Programme Action Committee (PAC) meeting periodically.
- Schemes Review Meeting
- Furnishing Agenda for Annual General Meeting of National Cooperation Dairy Federation of India (NCDFI) and for the Quarterly meetings with respect to Aavin.
- Conducting Technical Monitoring Committee meeting with Govt. of India officials at periodical interval.
- Conducting meeting with DCMPUs to solve dispute between them.
BRIEF NOTES ON SCHEMES IMPLEMENTED THROUGH PLANNING SECTION
NPDD SCHEME: ( CENTRALLY SPONSORED SCHEME)
The erstwhile schemes of Strengthening Infrastructure for Quality and Clean Milk Production (SIQ&CMP), Intensive Dairy Development Programme (IDDP), and Assistance to Cooperatives (ACS) – Rehabilitation of Unions were merged to form National Programme for Dairy Development (NPDD)from 2014-15 onwards.
The main objective of the NPDD scheme is to create infrastructure at the village level to procure quality milk from milk producers in a transparent manner.
Under NPDD, a sum of Rs.81.61 crore has been sanctioned for projects in the Federation and the District Unions since 2014-15 to 2018-19.
The Central Government has released Rs.37.14 crore out of the total grant amount Rs.48.68 crore.
NADP - (National Agriculture Development Programme) Scheme:-
NADP is a Central Sector Scheme, implemented from 2007-08 till date.
NADP scheme is implemented by Government of Tamilnadu by availing 60% as Govt. of India share and 40% fund from Govt. of Tamilnadu. The End Implementing Agencies are provided with 100% grant-in-aid for the approved projects.
The projects cover a wide range of activities including improvement of livestock health, establishment of cold storages, enhancement of milk production, Strengthening of procurement infrastructure milk cold rooms and marketing infrastructure.
So far, a sum of Rs.233.00 Crores has been released under this scheme.
Rural Infrastructure development fund (RIDF) has been implemented in Dairy sector by NABARD Bank. Under the scheme 95% of the project cost is granted as loan to Government of Tamil Nadu and 5% of the project cost to be borne by End implementing agencies. End implementing agencies like dairy development department obtain 100% financial grant under RIDF of NABARD.
The projects include strengthening of infrastructure in the Federation and district unions to increase the processing, chilling capacities of the dairies of marketing facilities, storage capacities of SMP, Butter, establishment of Product Plants etc.,
So far Rs.200.00 Crores has been received under the scheme