Infrastructure developed under National Agriculture Development Programme (NADP) during the last six years
Infrastructure developed under National Agriculture Development Programme (NADP)
This scheme is being implemented from 2007-08. The projects taken up cover a wide range of activities including livestock health strengthening of infrastructure related to procurement, refrigeration and marketing.
Some of the major projects established under this scheme include
- Milk cold room facility for storing 3 lakh litre of milk.
- Butter deep freezer facilities to store 894 MT capacity in Erode, Salem and Coimbatore.
- 25 high speed and 11 normal speed milk packing machines with thermal printing technology.
- A new product dairy at Ambattur for manufacturing 15,000 litres of ice cream per day and 1,000 Kg. of paneer per day.
- Milk sterilizer and 200 ml packing machines for UHT plant at Salem.
- 48 road milk tankers to strengthen own milk transportation facility.
- Aseptic filling machine with a capacity to pack 6,000 no of 1,000 ml UHT milk tetra paks per hour at Salem dairy.
- Since 2011, Doorstep Veterinary health services scheme is being implemented by engaging 155 Veterinarians on contract basis. Veterinary health care and breeding services are provided to the milk producers at their doorsteps which help in building their loyalty in addition to improving milk production and animal health care.
- Facilities in Salem union were strengthened with additional facilities for processing, packing, storage for butter and UHT milk.
- In Nilgiris Union 5 Nos. of milk sale outlets and the dairy refrigeration system were provided for strengthening the systems.
- Infrastructure was strengthened for revamping of dairy capacities in DCMPU Ltd of Virudhunagar, Dharmapuri and Tiruneveli.
- For the Year 2019-20, projects have been approved for capacity addition of Tirunelveli dairy, creation of marketing facilities in the newly formed Tirupur district, installation of structural parlours, establishment of cold chain network in metro & District unions, 12 MT per day capacity mineral mixture plant at Dharmapuri and expansion of Cattle Feed plant at Erode, from 150 MT to 300 MT/day at an estimate of Rs.35 crore.