Sholinganallur Dairy was established during the year 1994 under apex body of TCMPF Ltd., with milk processing capacity of 4 lakh liters per day to cater the
South Chennai consumers. This Dairy is located at Sholinganallur on Old Mamallapuram Road (Rajiv Gandhi Salai), at an area of 32.99 acres. The Dairy was constructed and commissioned by National Dairy Development Board (NDDB) at a cost of Rs.24.80 crores and handed over to TCMPF Ltd.,. Now Sholinganllur Dairy is handling an average quantity of 4.45 LLPD.
An outlook on the features of Sholinganallur Dairy
- This is South-East Asia’s first process Automated Dairy.
- The technology uses PLC (Programmable Logic Controller) and provided with SCADA (Supervisory Control and Data Acquisition ) system.
- The automation system has been provided with Hot standby PLC which takes over the control if the primary fails.
- As the process is fully automated the CIP (Cleaning In Place) process is very effective, resulting in consistency of finished product quality.
- Certified for
- ISO 9001:2008, EMS IS / ISO 14001: 2004, QMS/HACCP IS/ISO 9001:2008 & 15000:1998
Sourcing of Raw Milk from various District Unions is being done by Planning section of Head Office as per the procurement trends of the respective unions. The same is being monitored by Dy. General Manager(Quality Control) of Joint Managing Director’s Office and co-ordinated on a daily basis by the respective Dy.General Manager(Production) of Metro Dairies. Allotment of milk of respective Dairies are reviewed and modified on monthly basis.
At present about 363000 liters of Mixed Milk and 57000 liters of Separated Skim Milk totaling 420000 liters is being received from various Unions.
Following varieties of milk are being prepared and supplied to Chennai city consumers daily fromSholinganallur Dairy
- Toned Milk: 2.10 LLPD
- Standardized Milk: 1.80 LLPD
- Full Cream Milk: 0.53 LLPD
- Double Toned Milk 0.02 LLPD
Total 4.45 LLPD
PRESENT INFRA STRUCTURE OF THIS DAIRY: